Facility: Marshfield, WI
Status: Full-time position
Responsible for job development and support of adults with disabilities in ODC program. Conducts individual assessment and career and goal planning for individuals seeking community employment. Works with referral agencies on behalf of clients to find employment opportunities for people with disabilities or other barriers to employment.
Application Deadline: OPEN
Training and experience gained through graduation from a college or university with major study emphasis in vocational rehabilitation or other related fields. Five years practical/relative vocational rehabilitation experience appropriate in lieu of formal education. Prior experience in coordination of services with community agencies, job development and/or marketing is preferred. Valid drivers license, good driving record and insured vehicle available for daily use.
· Collaborate with community resources and utilizes varying techniques in accessing services and jobs for individuals with barriers to employment.
· Evaluate individual’s functional abilities in a variety of settings.
· Develop employment situations matching individual’s abilities and job preferences.
· Teach job duties and responsibilities in increments to adults with disabilities or other barriers to employment.
· Work and communicate effectively with people, verbally and written.
· Independently make decisions, plan, schedule time and workload.
· Generate on-the-job training for individuals and assign supports for individuals or groups at community work sites.
· Assume job related case management and coordination of services for clients within employment programs.
· Perform task analysis of job, job modifications, and job redesign when necessary.
· Follow procedures established by the U.S. and Wisconsin Departments of Labor.
· Establish working relationships between clients, employers, and co-workers to promote integration and foster success.
· Maintain professional standards and relationships with referring personnel, organizations, and agencies to cultivate program growth.
· Responsible for time card retrieval and timely submission to payroll for clients on caseload
· Act as an advocate in the community to remove attitudinal, architectural and other barriers facing people with disabilities.
· Maintain awareness of local job markets and provides maintenance of employer files.
· Responsible for awareness of other employment-related programs and employer incentive programs.
· Work cooperatively with all staff members to achieve the goals of the facility.
· Writing skills to create reports, maintain accurate up to date case notes and perform assessments and evaluations.
· Writing and case management ability to assist clients in developing measurable vocational plans.
· Works to meet the program and department budget goals.
· Works to meet program performance outcome goals.
· Record, report, and contribute to monthly billing process.
· Use computerized case management system.
· Provide crisis intervention, individual and group counseling.
· Act a public relations representative through contacts and presentations with individuals, agencies and businesses.
· Direct support staff to effectively facilitate employment goals of persons served.
· Follow ODC and funding agency case management and reporting procedures.
· Maintain case files with complete, up to date information, forms, reports and plans.
· Plan and direct meetings.
· Promote and develop new service provision opportunities.
· Effectively solicit and utilize input from persons served, funding agencies, and significant others.
· Utilize customized employment and a variety of techniques to develop and promote integrated community employment.
· Ability to facilitate, initiate and respond to verbal, written, computerized, telephone and fax communications.
· Ability to demonstrate, train and/or model job tasks/duties/responsibilities.
· Ability to perform quality inspection according to ODC’s and/or customer’s requirements.
· Mobility to access various locations within/outside ODC facilities.
· Physical ability to lift or transfer adults when providing personal care.
· Physical ability to provide and/or respond to behavior intervention.
· Lifting 25 – 35 lbs frequently – up to 60 lbs occasionally.
Director of Employment Services
Job Coaches (if applicable)