Facility: Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Status: Full-time position
Responsible for compiling and preparing agency payroll. Responsible for entering daily and weekly payroll information with accuracy processing deductions and making adjustments as necessary. Prepare and process bi-weekly payroll. Maintain payroll listings and pay rates. Compile state and federal withholding and prepare quarterly payroll reports, magnetic media filings and W-2 forms.
Application Deadline: OPEN
Minimum of an Associate’s Degree in Accounting and (2) years of experience in payroll processing required. Advanced MS Excel skills a must. Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion required. Must have excellent problem solving/judgement skills and a high level of attention to detail and accuracy. Strong organizational skills and the ability to work under pressure while handling multiple priorities and deadlines.
· Possess considerable knowledge of accounting for payroll practices and procedures, payroll tax filings and payroll deductions.
· Possess considerable knowledge of payroll software programs.
· Possess good working knowledge of Word and Excel.
· Prepare weekly and bi-weekly payroll reports.
· Prepare bi-weekly printed payroll checks for employees and a staff direct deposit file and reduce gross pay by the appropriate deductions in order to determine net pay.
· Enter payroll information into payroll accounting system with speed and accuracy.
· Perform all statistical duties required to compute and prepare employee payroll.
· Maintain wage and hour records including time studies, hourly rate forms, prevailing wage information, operation, and guaranteed hourly master files.
· Serve on Wage & Hour Committee and provide committee members with information and reports.
· Prepare monthly billing information for service departments.
· Prepare monthly journal entries to adjust labor and operation costs for accounting department.
· Prepare payroll and deduction reports for ODC staff and representatives from other agencies.
· Reconcile payroll summary reports for each pay period.
· Reconcile payroll bank account.
· Prepare social security, W-2 forms, withholding tax statements and reconciliations, and other filings as required.
· Prepare records for audits by other agencies.
· Maintain employee benefit records and transmissions: Health/Life Insurance, 401k Plan, Vacation/Sick records, Supplemental insurance plans.
· Responsible for EEO/Affirmative Action monitoring and reporting.
· All other duties as assigned.
· Ability to facilitate, initiate and respond to verbal, written, computerized, telephone and fax communications.
· Mobility to access various locations within/outside ODC facilities.
· Ability to perform quality inspection according to ODC’s and/or customer’s requirements.
· Ability to operate various office equipment and technology.
· Standing, sitting, walking frequently required.
· Lifting 25 – 35 lbs occasionally.
Vice President of Finance and Operations
No Other Staff